Three things to share this month. First, I’ve been busy researching a lot of poorly documented parts of the hobby lately, like the 1950/60s Burger Beer Cincinnati Reds cards, the 1954 Blue Ribbon CFL cards, the Finer Points of Baseball Instructional Booklets, 1956 Bowman baseball, the 1961 7-11 baseball cards, and Exhibits checklists. So, to complete that work, there probably won’t be as many archive additions the next few months.
Second, my hobby library has been multiplying, and some folks have been asking for more photos and lists of everything I’ve got; unfortunately, that would be a big job (I haven’t kept good documentation), but if you think a page on the site called “Hobby Library” is something you’d be interested in, I can start another long-term project, let me know. In the meantime, I’ll continue sharing new pickups and interesting scans from my library on Twitter.
And third, I want to draw your particular attention to Newsletter #50, which I published on August 31st; I share some history about the 1954 Topps baseball box Nat Turner picked up and BBCE authenticated at July’s National Sports Collectors Convention.
In terms of hobby writing, I published eight new articles and made 24 archive additions here on PostWarCards.com. I also issued five Post War Cards Newsletters over on Substack. I’ve linked all the new material below.
Articles Published in August
Here are the eight articles I published on the blog this month.
- Exploring the Four 1978 Topps Burger King Sets: A Unique Collaboration
- One of the Toughest Post-War Football Cards – The 1960 Bell Brand Rams #2 Gene Selawski Card
- 1978 Topps Team Checklists: The Essential Resource for Baseball Card Collectors
- Off-Center Gems: A Closer Look at the 1980s Fleer Basketball Sticker Sets
- The 1978 Topps Zest Soap Set: A Refreshing Twist on Baseball Cards
- Checklist Chronicles: The Must-Have Post-War Non-Sport Checklists
- The Allure of 1978 Topps Dynamite Magazine Panels: A Must-Have for Collectors
- A Legendary Debut: Walter Payton’s Crane, Bears Coke, and Saga Rookie Card Discs
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 21 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in August:
- 1977 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1978 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1979 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1980 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1981 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1982 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1983 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1983 OPC Baseball
- 1984 Fleer Baseball
- 1984 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1984 Fleer Update Baseball
- 1984 OPC Baseball
- 1985 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1985 OPC Baseball
- 1985 Topps Baseball
- 1986 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1986 OPC Baseball
- 1987 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1987 OPC Baseball
- 1988 Fleer Team Action Football
- 1988 Topps Baseball Coins
The Oddball Archive
Here are the three sets I added to the Oddball Archive in August:
The Post War Cards Newsletter
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #46
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #47
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #48
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #49
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #50
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.