This month I’ve continued my hobby library buying crusade picking up dozens of vintage hobby publications, guides, and classic catalogs. Follow me on Twitter to see pictures of all my buys.
Between the additions to my bookshelves and the Society for American Baseball Research’s 50th Convention happening in Baltimore last week, I’ve been thinking a lot more about writing a book connecting baseball, culture, and hobby history, but I haven’t quite narrowed down a niche that really piques my curiosity yet.
I talked a bit about long-form content back in May, and a lot of that research is already in motion, but a book always seemed so out of reach until now.
Anyway, here on PostWarCards.Com, I continued to add a lot of content; 30 new articles and archive additions were made to the site this month, along with the seventh and eighth Post War Cards newsletters. I’ve linked all the new material below.
Articles Published in August
Here are the nine articles I published on the blog this month.
- The Story of the Truly One of a Kind 1990-1991 OPC Premier Hockey Vending Case
- Ranking The 19 1970s Topps Basketball Checklists
- 1982 Topps Football – Hello Team Logos and Goodbye Airbrushing
- The 1939 Play Ball Baseball Set and its Three Ted Williams Rookie Card Variations
- 1960 Topps Baseball is an Awesome Set of Firsts
- The One Hit Wonders of the 1953 Bowman Color Baseball Card Set
- The Curiously Similar 1970 Topps Baseball and Basketball Checklists
- The 1976 Topps Basketball and Hockey Free Goods Factory Sealed Boxes and Cases
- Mr. Mint’s Insider’s Guide to Investing in Baseball Cards and Collectibles Still Rings True Over 30 Years Later
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 15 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in August:
- 1939 Play Ball Baseball
- 1940 Play Ball Baseball
- 1941 Play Ball Baseball
- 1941 Double Play Baseball
- 1951 Bowman Baseball
- 1967 Topps Baseball Red Sox Stickers
- 1973 OPC Hockey
- 1974 Topps Action Emblems Baseball
- 1974 Topps Deckle Edge Baseball
- 1974 Topps Puzzles Baseball
- 1974 Topps Stamps Baseball
- 1976 Topps Hockey
- 1977 Topps Baseball
- 1977 Topps Football
- 1982 Topps Football
I’m constantly updating pages, so check back on your favorites from time to time.
The Oddball Archive
Here are the six sets I added to the Oddball Archive in August:
- 1952 Dixie Lids
- 1952 Parkhurst
- 1968-1970 Partridge Meats Reds
- 1971 House of Jazz
- 1971 Mattel Instant Replay Discs
- 1972 Partridge Meats Reds
The Post War Cards Newsletter
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.