I’ve just got two quick things to mention this month. First, I’ve been trying to add a lot more detail to new set summaries on the Oddball Archive, which you can see in the three 1960s regional football sets and the Quaker Oats basketball set I posted this month (linked below); I’ll probably start going back to earlier entries to update them soon. And second, I’ve really started getting into Exhibit and Arcade cards. I’ve always felt they were underappreciated by the hobby, mainly because many of the 1947-66 baseball cards are so cheap compared to a lot of Topps cards from the era. So, if you’re looking to sell any collections of them, please reach out to me. And if you’re interested in learning more about them, I highly recommend Adam Warshaw’s book Exhibit and Related Sports Arcade Cards.
In terms of hobby writing, I published eight new articles and made 15 archive additions here on PostWarCards.com. I also issued four Post War Cards Newsletters over on Substack. I’ve linked all the new material below.
Articles Published in September
Here are the eight articles I published on the blog this month.
- This Month on PostWarCards – September 2023
- Trifectas of Treasure: 10 Legendary Sports Cards Featuring 3 Players
- Cracking the Code: 1974 Topps Baseball Cello Packs
- Exploring Nostalgia: 1978 Topps Non-Sports Cards and a Ton of Unopened Collectibles
- Vintage Hobby Threads: The 1983 Topps Baseball Card Tee Shirts
- A Hobby GOAT: The Iconic 1963 Fleer Baseball Checklist Card
- Collector Issues Part 1: Mike Aronstein and TCMA
- Exploring 1990s Hockey Insert Sets: 1993-94 and 1994-95 Donruss Elite Inserts
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 11 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in September:
- 1956 Parkhurst CFL
- 1963 Monster Flip Movies
- 1967 Topps The Monkees Flip Movies
- 1967 Topps Who Am I?
- 1974 Fleer Cloth Patch Team Stickers
- 1976 Fleer NBA Team Stickers
- 1977 Fleer NBA Team Stickers
- 1978 Fleer NBA Team Stickers
- 1979 Fleer NBA Team Stickers
- 1980 Fleer NBA Team Stickers
- 1981 Fleer NBA Team Stickers
The Oddball Archive
Here are the four sets I added to the Oddball Archive in September:
- 1961 Golden Tulip San Diego Chargers
- 1961 Lake to Lake Green Bay Packers
- 1967 Royal Castle Miami Dolphins
- 1979 Quaker Oats Iron-Ons Basketball
The Post War Cards Newsletter
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #51
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #52
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #53
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #54
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.