There hasn’t been a lot of big news in the world of Mr. PostWarCards over the past month, just a few small things to share. I’ve been adding to my hobby library, in terms of items and literally the physical library – I had to buy two new bookshelves! Remember, I share everything I add to the library on Twitter. Eventually, I’ll give a larger update here on the blog.
Next, did you see this photo of a framed 1969 Topps Rulers set I shared on social the other day (no, it’s not mine, unfortunately)? The photo blew up and caused a lot of hobby envy! Stay tuned for a post about this awesome set next week.
Also, just a recommendation (and I’m sure I’ve shared this before, but…): if you’re on Instagram or Twitter and sell on eBay, try using the same handle across all the services. It makes communication much easier and might get you more sales.
In terms of hobby writing, I published ten new articles and made 14 archive additions here on PostWarCards.com. I also issued four Post War Cards Newsletters over on Substack. I’ve linked all the new material below.
Articles Published in October
Here are the ten articles I published on the blog this month.
- This Month on PostWarCards – October 2023
- Player Cards and Yellow Headers: The 1971 Topps Baseball Rack Packs
- Behind the Bids: The 1970 Topps Super Baseball File Copy Set
- Collector Issues Part 2: Larry Fritsch
- The Enigmatic Cincinnati Reds Burger Beer Sets
- Collector Issues Part 3: Mike Cramer
- True Mint – Mr. Mint’s Price & Investment Guide to True Mint Baseball Cards
- Celebrating the Reverse – Card Backs With Jim McLauchlin
- Beyond Borders: Comparing the 1965 Topps (AFL) and 1965 Topps/OPC (CFL) Football Card Sets
- The Finer Points of Baseball For Everyone Instructional Booklets
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 13 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in October:
- 1952 Parkhurst CFL
- 1965 Topps CFL
- 1975-76 Topps Footballer
- 1976-77 Topps Footballer
- 1977-78 Topps Footballer
- 1978-79 Topps Footballer
- 1979-80 Topps Footballer
- 1980-81 Topps Footballer
- 1981-82 Topps Footballer
- 1985 Donruss Baseball
- 1985 Fleer Baseball
- 1985 Leaf Baseball
- 1986 Topps Baseball
I’m constantly updating pages, so check back on your favorites occasionally. With the launch of BBCEAuctions, I’m hoping a lot of material will surface that will help me close some holes in the archive. For example, I added the following ultra-scarce 1975-76 Topps Hockey Rack Box and the pictured 1976 Topps Football Rack Box, both of which are part of the inaugural auction that closes on November 8, 2023.
The Oddball Archive
Here’s the one set I added to the Oddball Archive in October:
The Post War Cards Newsletter
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #55
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #56
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #57
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #58
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.