I have two big things to share in this month’s overview. The first is launching a pair of longer-term and larger documentation efforts, which you can see on the Projects page; the 1952 Topps Baseball Type Photos and Crossovers and Checklist Central. They join the Unopened and Oddball Archives as continually updated efforts here on the site.
The second big announcement is that the Post War Cards Newsletter is now a weekly release!
I continued to update PostWarCards.Com this month with eight new articles and 18 archive additions, and four, now weekly, Post War Cards Newsletters. I’ve linked all the new material below.
Articles Published in February
Here are the eight articles I published on the blog this month.
- Exploring the Iconic 1941 Baseball Card Sets: Play Ball, Goudey, and Double Play
- A Closer Look At The Dirty Dozen 1977 Topps Mexican Football Cards
- The 1959 Topps Football Vending Box That Sold For $117,000: A Closer Look At The Box And Old Vending Machines
- Comparing Collectibles: A Look at 1960 Topps, O-Pee-Chee, and Venezuelan Tattoos
- 1990 SkyBox Salutes The NBA: The First Logoman Card
- Launching A New Project: Original Pictures Used For The 1952 Topps Baseball Set
- The Marketing Showdown of 1981: How Donruss, Fleer, and Topps Tried to Differentiate Their Baseball Card Products
- Discover Your Love For Vintage Sports Card Checklists: Checklist Central Is Here
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 14 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in February:
- 1948 Bowman Football
- 1955 Parkhurst Hockey
- 1960 Parkhurst Hockey
- 1962 Mars Attacks
- 1963 Parkhurst Hockey
- 1964 Topps Photo Tatoos
- 1968 Topps Plaks Baseball
- 1969 Fleer Pennants & Stamps Baseball
- 1983 Topps Traded Baseball
- 1984 Topps Traded Baseball
- 1987 OPC WWF
- 1987 Topps Football
- 1987 Topps WWF
- 1990 SkyBox Basketball
I’m constantly updating pages, so check back on your favorites from time to time.
The Oddball Archive
Here are the four sets I added to the Oddball Archive in February:
- 1969 Carnation Milk Phoenix Suns
- 1981 Topps Thirst Break Comics
- 1984 New Jersey Nets Getty Oil
- 1989 Timberwolves Burger King
The Post War Cards Newsletter
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #20
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #21
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #22
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #23
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.