In last week’s Post War Cards Newsletter, I shared a link to a Forbes article titled, Luka Doncic Trading Card Sells At Auction For A Record $3.12 Million. However, the card purportedly sold privately for $4.6M in 2021, marking a significant loss. So while the November 17th auction is being marketed as the highest price ever paid for a basketball card at a public auction, I’m not sure it’s really something to be celebrated.
This little market bubble has got me wondering if anyone has ever lost money on a T206 Honus Wagner or a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card. We keep seeing record prices being made for those cards. Never say never, of course.
Anyway, here on PostWarCards.Com, 29 new articles and archive additions were published, along with the 14th and 15th Post War Cards Newsletters. I’ve linked all the new material below.
Articles Published in November
Here are the nine articles I published on the blog this month.
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Wax Pack and Box Authentication
- The Post-War OG Sports Card Checklists
- The Unique 1984 OPC Baseball Rack Packs
- 5 Great Early Career Frank Thomas Baseball Cards
- The Big 1962 Venezuela Topps Checklist Sale That Maybe We Shouldn’t Be So Surprised About
- 5 Hockey Wrappers Manufacturers Probably Wouldn’t Use Today
- What’s the Deal with the 1968 Jack in the Box San Diego Rockets Short Prints?
- 5 Great Chicago Cubs Topps Team Cards
- The Early 1980s Philadelphia Find of Over 100 1951 Topps Baseball Wax Boxes
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 14 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in November:
- 1964 Topps Hockey
- 1973 OPC WHA Hockey Posters
- 1974 Topps Cloth Stickers Hockey
- 1975 OPC WHA Hockey
- 1976 OPC WHA Hockey
- 1978 Topps Baseball
- 1979 Topps Baseball
- 1979 Topps Comics Baseball
- 1980 Topps Baseball
- 1981 Donruss Baseball
- 1981 Fleer Baseball
- 1982 Donruss Baseball
- 1982 OPC Hockey
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Baseball
I’m constantly updating pages, so check back on your favorites from time to time.
The Oddball Archive
Here are the six sets I added to the Oddball Archive in November:
- 1962 Sugardale Wieners
- 1963 Sugardale Wieners
- 1975 Carvel Ice Cream Discs
- 1975 Suns Fan Grabber Western Conference Champs
- 1981 Squirt
- 1982 Squirt
The Post War Cards Newsletter
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.