My hobby focus this month was on learning, enabled by enormous growth in my hobby library. I share each book/magazine/newspaper pick-up over on Twitter, and once I reorganize my home office, I’ll share an update to an article I wrote in March 2021 called The Books Magazines and Catalogs that Make Up My Sports Card Library. In case you were wondering, I also wrote a post about Why I Collect Old Sports Card Catalogs, Guides, and Magazines.
This month’s most significant addition to the library was a complete run of Old Cardboard magazines. I can’t recommend it enough if you want to learn about pre-war cards. They also feature some excellent hobby commentary and occasionally highlight a significant post-war set; think National Sports Collectors Convention reviews and sets like 1952 Topps baseball.
Speaking of, I didn’t make it to the National Sports Collectors Convention in Atlantic City this year; Atlantic City is just a little too inconvenient from California, and I had just taken a bunch of time off from work. For what it’s worth, if I got a vote, I’d go for permanency in Chicago.
Here on PostWarCards.Com, I continued to add a lot of content; 28 new articles and archive additions were made to the site this month, along with the fifth and sixth Post War Cards newsletters (subscribe below), and they are all listed below.
Articles Published in July
Here are the seven articles I published on the blog this month. It seems it was mostly the month of really long article titles.
- The 1976 Topps Baseball Card Commemorating the Best World Series Ever
- 5 Great Wax Pack Wrappers
- The Difference Between 1969 Milton Bradley and 1972 Milton Bradley Baseball Cards
- The Three Ways to Tell the Difference Between 1973, 1974, and 1975 Topps Baseball Cello Boxes
- A Circa 1957 Mickey Mantle Photograph Used On At Least Four Different Collectibles
- So Many Roy Campanella Baseball Cards Used the Same Picture
- The Time MastroNet Brought Nine 1909 T206 Honus Wagner Cards Together at the National Sports Collectors Convention
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 15 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in July:
- 1969 Topps Stamps Baseball
- 1970 OPC Hockey
- 1970 Topps Hockey
- 1971 OPC Hockey
- 1973 Topps Baseball
- 1974 Topps Baseball
- 1975 Topps Mini Baseball
- 1975 Topps Baseball
- 1977 Topps Cloth Stickers Baseball
- 1981 OPC Hockey
- 1981 Topps Hockey
- 1986 OPC Hockey
- 1989 OPC Hockey
- 1989 Topps Hockey
- 1990 OPC Premier Hockey
I’m constantly updating pages, so be sure to check back to your favorites from time to time.
The Oddball Archive
Here are the six sets I added to the Oddball Archive in July:
- 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos
- 1953 Stahl-Meyer Franks
- 1955 Rawlings Stan Musial
- 1962 York Iron-On Transfers
- 1970 Milton Bradley
- 1976 Motorola Old Timers
The Post War Cards Newsletter
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.