I’ve finally organized most of my hobby library! The first photo is of the books that are within arms reach of my desk – those I reference most frequently.
This next photo is of a pair of shelving units along an inner wall which holds my archive of Old Cardboard Magazine, SMRs, Auction Catalogs, Trader Speaks, Baseball Card Magazine, Becketts, Baseball Hobby News, Sports Collectors Digest, among others.
I’m not done yet. My hobby library is more than just shelves full of books, it’s a place to read and display cards and hobby memorabilia. I still need to move the couch, put some stuff up on the walls (uncut sheets, proof boxes, etc.), and make sure all my sports-related knick-knacks are displayed here. By the way, after going to dozens of furniture stores I ended up buying Ikea KALLAX Shelf Units.
In terms of hobby writing, I published 8 new articles and made 18 archive additions here on PostWarCards.com. I also issued 5 Post War Cards Newsletters over on Substack. I’ve linked all the new material below.
Articles Published in March
Here are the 8 articles I published on the blog this month.
- From Fleer to Hoops to SkyBox: The Rise Of Basketball Cards And Their Marketing In The Early 90s
- The Rookie Cards of Joe Posnanski’s Most Underrated Baseball Players Ever
- A Closer Look At The Two 1968 Topps Plaks Checklists
- The Elusive 1959 Yoo-Hoo Mickey Mantle Card: A Closer Look at One of Baseball’s Most Sought-After Oddball Collectibles
- Ten Awesome Oddball Chicago Bulls Team Sets
- Trading Labels for Legends: How the 1954 Red Heart Baseball Set Was Advertised and Distributed
- Topps File Sets Part 1: The 1989 Guernsey’s Topps Auction
- 1976 Topps Baseball Rack Packs: The Story Behind the Gray and White-Backed Headers
The Unopened Archive
Here are the 15 sets I added to the Unopened Archive in March:
- 1952 Topps Look ‘n See
- 1956 Topps Elvis Presley
- 1966 Topps Superman
- 1969 Topps Super Baseball
- 1970 Topps Super Football
- 1976 O-Pee-Chee Happy Days
- 1976 Topps Happy Days
- 1977 Donruss Saturday Night Fever
- 1978 O-Pee-Chee Jaws 2
- 1978 Topps Jaws 2
- 1981 O-Pee-Chee Raiders of the Lost Ark
- 1981 Topps Raiders of the Lost Ark
- 1983 O-Pee-Chee Hockey
- 1983 Topps Baseball
- 1984 Topps Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
I’m constantly updating pages, so check back on your favorites from time to time. For example, I just added a few photos of this 1975 Topps Basketball Wax Case; I don’t recall ever seeing one before.
The Oddball Archive
Here are the 3 sets I added to the Oddball Archive in March:
The Post War Cards Newsletter
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #24
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #25
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #26
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #27
- The Post War Cards Newsletter #28
And finally, thanks for reading PostWarCards; if there is a topic you’d like me to write about or a set you’d like me to prioritize for either archive, please reach out to me.